Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Watcha Working on Wednesday

I hope this post finds everyone doing well and having a great week . My week has been good so far. The weather has just been beautiful, it's going to be 60 today but that's going to end it's suppose to fall back in the 30's and snow. I'm just dying for spring to get here.

I've spent my week cleaning out and starting to pack up my house, well ok alot of it's still packed since this was a temporary place to stay while house hunting. We've been looking since last spring and of course I am looking for an old farmhouse, you think that would be easy living in rural PA.....NOT! So now the hunt is really on but we might end up having to buy something else. We have found one built in 1890 and it's been remodeled but that's ok. The catch is it's a "short sale" and from what we've heard those house's are really hard to get and take alot of time so we're not sure if we want to even look at that one.

Ok onto other things I've made it back to the thrift store, all the cheese plates were gone I couldn't believe it. Isn't it funny how something can be there for weeks and when you decide to buy it it's gone. Oh well guess they weren't meant for me.... I only found 2 items this time, a set of candlesticks $2.49 and a candle box like everyone else has found it was $1.50. So I will spend today working on these.

I spent the day yesterday making grubby soap balls. I was making some for a friend who wanted some for her bathroom, so here is a picture of them, was kinda a hard to get a good picture of them the color doesn't look the same.

I am looking for a place to buy Pip Berries I thought maybe you girls would be able to help me out. I've been looking but it seems like everyone sells them in 2 cup quantities and I would like alot more than that. So I'm looking for someone that is reasonable, does anyone know?

I hope everyone has a wonderful day and don't forget to stop over and see Leslie for Watcha Working on Wednesday



14 comments:

Janene said...

Michelle~I have yet to find wooden candle sticks...and I want some very badly!
Why are so many people getting rid of those wonderful wooden sconces? They are everywhere all at once! People get rid of the best things!

Unknown said...

I can't wait to see what you do with those...My Goodwill here never has the good stuff!

Anonymous said...

It does seem we are all finding the same things lately. It's fun though to see what everyone is doing with our "finds".. I need to get busy or my house is gonna runneth over with unfinished finds.. lol. I love the grubby soap balls.. let me know if you find a good place for pip berries, I've been looking as well. Can't wait to see what you do with your finds..

hugs,
Stella

Carmen S. said...

Hi Michelle! Isn't this winter in NW Pa. just crap? I want spring, too!~!~ your grubby soapballs are great! I made these a few times but mine ended up really grungy, and NOT the good kind of grungy if ya know what I mean, LOL!!

Leslie said...

Great finds! The soap balls look great, too!

Good luck with the house hunting. Around here houses are sitting empty for awhile. Nobody is buying....

Have a great night!

Leslie

Something Nice and Pretty said...

Great finds Michelle... the soap balls too! I have wooden candleholders and I painted them black and love them:)
Rondell

Susan said...

You found some nice things. I like the soap balls, too.

Stacey said...

Well, we are having the same weather here in NW Ohio too. I am so ready for spring! I can honestly feel it in my bones, especially with the temps the last couple of days.

What great finds you have there. I will look forward to seeing what you do with them. :)

Sorry, I can't help you out with the pip berries.

Blessings,
Stacey

•♦•©The Olde Weeping Cedar •♦• said...

Hi Michelle!
Yu found some good stuff there, girl!
Love your soap balls!

Best of luck to ya....

have a wonderful day, Kath

Olde Dame Penniwig said...

Something is nibbling at my memory, did I see at Antique or Not that she has a whole lot of pipberries? But I think they are on long strands...?

Those grubby soapballs are wonderful!

My Colonial Home said...

Hi Michelle,
Why haven't I been here before! lol

But maybe I have, anyway, I put you on my Blog list and am following you now.

Love your new found treasures and those soap balls look great to me. Is it difficult to make them???? I have seen all the stuff to make candles but not soap.

Hugs, Karen

Sandy said...

We are practically neighbors! I live in Southwestern NY. PA is just a spit and a holler away.

STITCHINPRIM said...

Hi Michelle:
Glad you signed my blog watchers.. I'll do the same for you..
Love all your " finds". There's no good places close to where I live..Southeast Missouri Bootheel where we just got power restored last night from the Ice Storm of 2009.
Doin' three weeks laundry today..
I'll be watchin you...
Maurine

Gen said...

you've got some great stuff! love those soap balls