Friday, February 6, 2009

It's Friday & Deja-vu

Good Morning it's fabulous Friday, its 9am and the sun is shining. It's suppose to be 40 here today and 50 tomorrow and I'm happy, it was below zero yesterday. I am so tired of the cold and snow, 3 ft still in my yard. It's been a long winter this year, we've had 139 inches of snow so far this year, ugh.

I don't really have anything new to post today. I'm still finishing the stars, cheese plate, and the couple of other things that I had picked up. I'm going to go back to the thrift store today and pick up a couple more of those cheese plates, hopefully they are still there.

Last night while I was watching tv instead of reading or stitching (was too tired for any of that) I had decided to browse past issues of the Country Sampler magazine. I did have issues all the way back to 1994 but cleaned out and kept 2003 and on anyhoo the two that I grabbed were November 2003 and Home Tour Edition 2008.


Well while I browsing I thought hey I have just seen that page.............

Yep it's the same room and the same house 5 yrs. apart. Needless to say I was a little disappointed this is my one my favorite magazines. I thought that when I spent the $6.00 for the special edition I was going to be seeing all these homes I've never seen before, now I'm debating if I want to buy the new home edition this year. I guess maybe they should come get to know all you ladies out here in blogland and see your houses they could do a few home editions with homes of photos never seen before (only in blogland). Linda from Behind My Red Door was featured in the new issue has anyone else out here ever been in there. I know of a few I would like to see in there.

Well I guess that's enough venting, I'll go get the day started.

Have a great day :)


10 comments:

Never So Simple said...

I was so disappointed in last years home edition also. They said this years wll be all new homes. I hope so because I agree there are plenty of great homes to be seen just check blog land.

I only keep the Christmas CS the others I pass on.

Donna

Olde Dame Penniwig said...

139 inches -- that's a LOT of snow! No wonder you are ready for spirng!

Backwoodsprim said...

Hi Michelle!
I agree about the duplication of the pics...I think there are enough
beautiful prim/country homes in blog land to keep CS busy for a loooong time!
I'm inspired nearly every day by something someone has posted.... :)

Backwoodsprim

Jen said...

Me too, I was disappointed that they didn't have new homes, but I hear it will be all new this time....so lets hope that is true! I am sure they heard we were all disappointed.

Leslie said...

Michelle,
That's a bummer!

The other day at the doctor's office, my DD thought she was being nice and brought me 'Parents'. That's one of those magazines, too! I got it free for a few years when the kids were little and I soon realized it's the same articles every so many months that really don't help that much.....Most magazines I have subscribed to over the years have been the same way. What a let down!

If you want to start a quilt, do something simple first. This is just a teeny tiny block that I made up into a mini quilt to just lay around. Something else that's fun and pretty simple are rag quilts. They're not put together like a traditional quilt at all and your sewing doesn't have to be perfect :)

Have a great weekend!

Leslie

Jennifer said...

hi yes none of those homes were new..but they said this years one will be ALL new homes
My home was in the 2007 Nov issue :)

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

The Homes TOur this year has 10 new homes. One of them is Prim Your Pad from your blogroll. Karen from MY Colonial Home is in the next regular issue and Cozy Coops Corner will be in the Christmas Issue!! CS is always on the lookout for new homes and a lot more bloggers are being considered!! I think you will be pleased with some of the great homes in the next several issues!!

Thanks for the kind mention!

Back in the Day said...

I am constantly going through my old CS issues! I never throw any away! That doesn't make the hubby too happy though! lol
Love your blog!
Nicole

Stacey said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and becoming one of my followers. I absolutely love new friends and will look forward to follow your blog as well. :)

I agree with Backwoodsprim in the fact that there are many beautiful country and primitive homes that could be featured, it is frustrating to think that you spend money to see the same things again in magazines, just a few years apart.

Happy prims and blessings,
Stacey

Sharon said...

Wow Michelle, I'm surprised they did that myself. I was telling my husband about it and he said someone should call them. I agree with you as well. There are a lot of very talented ladies out here. Kim of "home is where the heart is" has a wonderfully decorated home as well as a lot of other ladies.

We haven't gotten any snow in the last 2 years. I think, from looking at the numbers there, you must have gotten ours too lol!

Have a blessed evening,
Sharon