Tuesday, January 20, 2009

I'm in Love!


I hope this finds everyone doing well! I did it again. Making it almost a week before posting. I don't know how everyone keeps up everyday. Every time I post I tell myself I will do a better job at keeping up but it doesn't seem to work, time just seems to get away
Ok onto what has been happening.... Well I gained the couple of pounds back that I lost, I think it's the medicine I'm on. So I'm going to have to work a little harder, just changing the way I eat isn't going to work. So my dear sweet husband went out this weekend and bought me a exercise bike and a scale. I didn't want the scale, I don't need a scale to know that I need to lose some weight and I've never owned one before. It was fun to play with, it tells you weight, body fat and hydration level ( I don't really understand that part ). The bike isn't as easy as I thought it was going to be. When I first rode I told myself 30 min a day well I wasn't on 5 min and I was ready to be done so I made it 20 min(2 miles). I had to peel my butt off the seat, boy did that hurt! And my legs were like jello. Mike wanted to buy a treadmill and I thought the exercise bike would be better, I think I'm going to hurt more with the bike until I get use to it. So my goal is to lose 20 lbs so hopefully it won't be too hard. Don't look at the ugly wallpaper we are temporarily stuck in this place while we hunt for a farmhouse we would like to buy..

I had a few questions about the tomatoes and gardening I would like to answer. This year I'm going to grow the following tomatoes - Brandywine,Mortgage Lifter,Opalka and Rutgers. These are heirlooms and I've never grown them before I picked these out of all the research and reading that I've done.

This year I've ordered all my seeds from Jung's Seed and Burpee's. There are others that are good also it just depends on what you're looking for. Johnny Seeds, Tomato Growers, Heirloom Seeds, Vermont Bean Seed Co, Miller Nurseries. These are the only ones that I've ordered from and have experience with. A great source of information for gardening http://www.gardenweb.com/ they have over a hundred forums in there on everything and anything.

Well that's it for the day I guess I have to go and get something done. I hope you have a great day.

1 comment:

Janene said...

Michelle~I have never ridden on an exercise bike before! I bet it would be fun!!
I wish that I only had 20 to lose, but we will both get to our goal...I'm sure of that!
We are here to motivate you as much as we can!
If you would like to join us on our "Take it Off Tuesday" feel free to join us anytime! Lose Weight with the possibility of making cash! A win-win situation!
Just let me know if you are interested...Until then keep up the biking, maybe that will motivate me to start walking!